Whoever adopts teaching as a profession assumes the obligation to conduct himself / herself in accordance with the ideal of the profession. A teacher is constantly under the scrutiny of his students and the society at large. Therefore, every teacher should see that there is no incompatibility between his precepts and practice. The national ideals of education which have already been set forth and which he/she should seek to inculcate among students must be his/her own ideals. The profession further requires that the teachers should be calm, patient and communicative by temperament and amiable in disposition.
- Adhere to a responsible pattern of conduct and demeanour expected of them by the community.
- Manage their private affairs in a manner consistent with the dignity of the profession.
- Seek to make professional growth continuous through study and research.
- Express free and frank opinion by participation at professional meetings, seminars, conferences etc. towards the contribution of knowledge.
- Maintain active membership of professional organizations and strive to improve education and profession through them.
- Perform their duties in the form of teaching, tutorial, practical, seminar and research work conscientiously and with dedication.
- Co-operate and assist in carrying out functions relating to the educational responsibilities of the college and the university such as: assisting in appraising applications for admission, advising and counseling students as well as assisting the conduct of university and college examinations, including supervision, invigilation and evaluation.
- Participate in extension, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities including community service.
TEACHERS AND THE STUDENTS
- Respect the right and dignity of the student in expressing his/her opinion;
- Deal justly and impartially with students regardless of their religion, caste, political, economic, social and physical characteristics;
- Recognize the difference in aptitude and capabilities among students and strive to meet their individual needs;
- Encourage students to improve their attainments, develop their personalities and at the same time contribute to community welfare;
- Inculcate among students scientific outlook and respect for physical labour and ideals of democracy, patriotism and peace;
- Be affectionate to the students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason;
- Pay attention to only the attainment of the student in the assessment of merit;
- Make themselves available to the students even beyond their class hours and help and guide students without any remuneration or reward;
- Aid students to develop an understanding of our national heritage and national goals; and
- Refrain from inciting students against other students, colleagues or administration.
TEACHERS AND COLLEAGUES
- Treat other members of the profession in the same manner as they themselves wish to be treated;
- Speak respectfully of other teachers and render assistance for professional betterment;
- Refrain from lodging unsubstantiated allegations against colleagues to higher authorities; and
- Refrain from allowing considerations of caste, creed, religion, race or sex in their professional endeavour.
TEACHERS AND AUTHORITIES
- Discharge their professional responsibilities according to the existing rules and adhere to procedures and methods consistent with their profession in initiating steps through their own institutional bodies and/or professional organizations for change of any such rule detrimental to the professional interest;
- Refrain from undertaking any other employment and commitment including private tuitions and coaching classes which are likely to interfere with their professional responsibilities;
- Co-operate in the formulation of policies of the institution by accepting various offices and discharge responsibilities which such offices may demand;
- Co-operate through their organizations in the formulation of policies of the other institutions and accept offices;
- Co-operate with the authorities for the betterment of the institutions keeping in view the interest and in conformity with dignity of the profession;
- Should adhere to the conditions of contract;
- Give and expect due notice before a change of position is made; and
- Refrain from availing themselves of leave except on unavoidable grounds and as far as practicable with prior intimation, keeping in view their particular responsibility for completion of academic schedule.