Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a DST-SERB sponsored project (SRG/2022/001537).
The title of the project: “Understanding the role of entrainment on warm clouds over South Asia using a Lagrangian Cloud Model.”
Principal Investigator: Dr. Subin Jose
Name of the position available: Junior Research Fellow
Number of positions available: one
Essential Qualification: a) M.Sc Physics with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks (average of all semesters) OR CGPA/CPI grading of 6.84 on a 10 point scale or equivalent) with CSIR – UGC NET including lectureship assistant or GATE or those candidates who have qualified national level examinations conducted by agencies and institutions such as DST, DBT, DOS, DAE, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
Age limit: 28 years (33 years in the case of SC/ST candidates). Persons with disability are eligible for age relaxation as per rules
Monthly Emoluments: 31,000 + 8% HRA
Project duration: 28 November 2024, (Two years):
Last date of application: 21st January 2023
General Terms and Conditions:
- The position is purely temporary, on a contractual basis, and renewable each year, subject to satisfactory performance, for a maximum of two years. The position is co-terminus with the project.
- Delayed and incomplete applications will be rejected.
- If the number of shortlisted candidates called for the interview is large, the selection committee may decide to restrict the number of candidates for the
interview to a reasonable limit after considering qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- Original documents such as age proofs, certificates, degrees, mark sheets, and other testimonials must be presented along with self-attested photocopies of these documents at the time of the interview.
- The decision of the selection committee will be final.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified via email to appear in the interview, and no other communication in this regard will be entertained.
- Selected candidates can apply for the Ph.D programme at Mahatma Gandhi University.
- Completed applications in the prescribed format as annexed should reach the following address by 21st January 2023, by speed-post or via email attachment with subject “DST-SERB JRF Application (complete one combined PDF) addressed to:
Dr. Subin Jose
Department of Physics
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org