LIBRARY & READING ROOM
1. The college encourages every student to read additional books and periodicals to supplement what is learnt in the class rooms. The college has a well-equipped fully computerised library with about fifty thousand books on various heads covering almost all scholastic and co-scholostic disciplines.
2. All the members of the staff and students are entitled to use the Library for consultation and for taking books on loan. The entry to and exit from the library are regulated by the RFID attached to the Identity card. The staff and students are, therefore, required to extend their ID cards towards the device fixed at the entrance.
3. The Library will function from 9 A. M. to 5.30 P. M. on all working days and from 9. 30 a. m. to 3. 30 p. m. on Saturdays.
4. Only writing materials can be taken inside the reading room and library.
5. The number of books that can be borrowed at a time is follows:
UG Students - 02 Teaching Staff - 10
PG Students - 04 Non - Teaching Staff - 03
6. All the books borrowed from the centred library by students and members of teaching and non-teaching staff must be returned by the first of March every year for the annual physical stock verification of the library.
7. Transfer Certificate will be issued and caution deposit refunded only after the clearing of all dues to the library.
8. A member of staff who proceeds on leave or on transfer must return all books borrowed from the library before proceeding on leave/transfer.
9. The teaching staff who fails to return the library books on or before the due date also entails to pay the five (Rs. 1/- per day).
10. For loss of books, the following procedure will be followed.
1. If the copies of the book is available with the suppliers, the book has to be replaced with a new one.
2. If the it is not available for replacement, the value of the lost book will be realised at the following rates.
a. Ten times the face value of the books which are published prior to 1946.
b. Six times face value of the books which are published prior to 1970.
c. Three times face value of the books in all other cases.
d. If the book value cannot be ascertained from the library stock registers, compensation will be fixed on the basis of the market price of similar publication at the time of fixation.
11. Books in the reference section will not be lent out, but they may be consulted in the library.
12. The Principal and the Librarian have the right to call back any book at 24 hours notice.
13. Strict silence should be observed in the library and its
14. Readers will be responsible for any damage caused to books or any library property. To be safe, when a book is issued to a reader, he / she must point out to the Librarian any defect noted concerning the book. Otherwise the presumption will be that the book was quite intact when issued. CCTV is arranged in the Library to ensure strict surveilance.
15. To get books on loan, degree students have to obtain one library card and P. G. students have to obtain two library cards on payment of Rs. 10/- each. If the card is irrecoverably lost, request for duplicate card will be considered on payment of Rs. 20/- each. For each card, a student can take two books at a time.
16. All persons entering the library should register themselves in the Entrance Register kept for the purpose. Before getting books and other reading materials, students should produce their identity cards.
17. Queue system is to be followed at the issue counter.
18. The period of loan is usually 14 days including the day of issue. After that period a fine of Re. 1 per day will be levied per book. If the due date happens to be a holiday, books need be returned only on the next working day, except during the major vacation. Any book which is temporarily in special demand may be lent for shorter periods as determined by the Librarian.
19. Sub-lending of books is strictly forbidden.
20. Books will be lent to the members of the staff on getting their signature in a personal ledger maintained for the purpose. No member of the staff is allowed to keep with him more than 10 books at a time. All the books should be returned at the end of the academic year.
21. All final year students should return the books borrowed from the library two weeks before the closing of the academic year.
22. In all matters regards of the library the decision of the Principal shall be final.