The Department of Economics was established in the year 1967 with BA Degree course in Economics. The first batch of BA Economics came out in 1970. In 2013 the department started its post graduate programme. The first batch of MA Economics came out in 2015. The department always strives hard to achieve the lofty ideals envisioned by the founding fathers of the college and beloved former faculty members of the department.
Department at a Glance….
- Established in the year 1967 with BA Economics
- Elevated into Post Graduate Department in 2013
- First BA batch came out in 1970
- First BA batch came out MA in 2015
- 230 students and 7 teaching faculty at present
- National Seminars
- Research Projects and Publications
- Remedial Coaching
- Community Development Programmes
- Newman Economic Forum (NEF)
- Powerful Alumni Association
- Invited Talks